To have this page read to you or to stop the speech click on the player below.
Connect Advocacy is an independent organisation committed to the highest standards of advocacy practice on behalf of people with a learning disability.
Connect advocacy is a member of Hampshire Advocacy Regional group (HARG) and we follow and adhere to their standards which are:
- You decide if you want an advocate and what you want them to do.
- We only work for you. We are independent of others in your life.
- What you tell us is private.
- We protect your rights. We make sure that you are involved in the decisions that affect your life.
- We value and respect you without judging you.
- We work in ways that keep you safe.
- We explain what we do and how we work.
- We report on our work and how we spend the money we get for advocacy.
Connect offers advocacy in many ways including self-advocacy and hosting independent person centred planning facilitators.
For more information click on the menu to the left or call us on 01329 232236.